Thursday, February 28, 2008

Dreaming of


So, instead of doing what I need to be doing, I am checking up on my bloggin' friends... in doing so, I ran across Vintage Indie's - " I Dream of Spring Vintage SWAP!". I have noticed in months past all the swaps that go on in blogland, but I have not participated yet( or I always "miss" the sign-up date). So, I'm gonna take part this time, and I made the deadline for sign-ups (barely- March 1st- hurry, if your interested)!
Here are my questions/answers for the swap:

a. What's your favorite part of spring?
Spring showers, flowers and fruit tree blossoms, signs of new life all around, birds chirping (during the day NOT the night ;) ), feeling of warmth, garage sales, the flea market, picnics, playing in the park.



b. What are your favorite flowers?
Do I have to choose? ;) I like alot of different flowers... daises, wildflowers, pink or red roses, magnolias, peonies, gerber daises, larkspur, tulips, sunflower...


c. What types of hobbies/crafts do you enjoy?
I'm so eclectic... I like to dabble here and there. I like to try something new, sometimes I end up not trying, but love to see the talent in someone who does! I love paper crafting, altering, collage, assemblage, card-making, some sewing, scrapbooking, jewelry/beads & charms.


d. What types of vintage do you collect or look for?
Hmmm.... what don't I look for?! Paper stuff (cards, wallpaper, ledger paper, recipe books, etc) children's story books, magazines & toys, holiday items, millinery flowers, trim, fabrics, chandelier crystals, costume bling!, aprons, kitchen dishcloths, pretty handkerchiefs, women's & children's clothing patterns, wooden letterpress letters, blue Pyrex snowflake dishes (I like pink too), metal recipe boxes... (I DID say eclectic!)



e. Any allergies or thing that you absolutely can't stand?
No strong and overpowering fake floral scents.


Fun, fun! I can't wait... Come join!

Here's the Vintage Indie Swap link.
And the Flickr Group link.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Nice to find out more about you!

Valita said...

I missed this swap. Boohoo. Oh well that is what I get for not turning my PC on much this weekend. Oh well.

Gina said...

Hi Shannon, thanks for your lovely comments. I really enjoyed reading your Spring loves. We're enjoying the cooler change of Autumn here in Oz. Your cards are gorgeous! Plently of yummy things to see here.. will be back very soon! Ginax