Thursday, January 31, 2008

Long overdue...

Oh my, how I have neglected ye ol' blog! I feel terrible. About not updating, and literally feeling terrible. I'm on round 2 of the flu... not so fun. The new year started out just as hectic as the old year left... but that is probably the case every year. This year just seemed worse for what ever reason. It was a very sad time, Bryan's (last) grandmother passed away, just after New Year's. And it wasn't long before that (Thanksgiving) that his other grandmother passed away... It's made me stop and think about my life, what have I done with it? What will I do to improve it? I miss my mom. It's made me think of her a whole ton...
I am going to try and really get some scrapbooking done, as well as some of those projects relating to our families' history.
I was so out of it at the end of the year that I didn't even notice until now that I had comments by some new found friends from Silver Bella... thank you all very much. I will be better at updating...

Today( last night-it's now 2am Thursday) was Bailey's 10th birthday. I can hardly believe she's in the DOUBLE digits now! My how she's growing. I had made her brownies and decorated the table and chairs with this and that leftovers.... it was a big surprise when she came home from school. Her daddy was supposed to be part of the surprise, but he got delayed on a conference call with a client, and didn't make as early as he had wanted. But he got home early enough to make her smile even bigger. All of us ate a huge brownie and even had chex mix and popcorn... She opened her gifts from family, thrilled to a tee. Then headed out to TJ Hartford's for dinner and games. We all had a fun time, even little McKenna. They had new games in the game room, with a toddler car ride, and she was in heaven! (She's still at that age- when the ride stops, she's still happy as a clam to sit and act like she's driving!) But for nickel, she had many a ride! They weren't too busy, and that was nice.
The night didn't end on a very good note, however... after dinner, we decided to head over to Academy Sports and look at their "Heelies" selection (is that how you spell it?) Bailey has been dying for a pair for sometime now... We found a pair, and was looking around a bit, when all of a sudden we heard a huge crash and a cry out from Braden. (oh the boy in him!...) We turned around and there he was, on the floor, under a huge display that had fallen on top of him- clothes and hats all over! Poor boy, the look of terror and pain on his face... he didn't know whether to cry because it hurt so bad, or fear for his life, because he did something wrong! Yes, the curious little man that he is, tried opening the display resembling a school locker. Apparently, it didn't open easy, so he gave a good pull, and it came tumbling down. Now mind you, he's only six. Not a huge boy. I don't think he could've pulled THAT hard!? He's okay. But he's got a good knot on his head, a couple of good scrapes on his back and wrist, and a pretty damaged ego (even for a six year old). One of the young employees came to see what had happened and he started cleaning up, while we tended to Braden. McKenna's reaction to it all was of fright... so she was upset too... everyone was tired... SO, with all that happened, I thought I would pay for our things, so we could leave... Then only to find out that my purse was in the van. AND Bryan didn't have his wallet. The boys ran to the van to get my purse, and up comes the manager to ask about Braden, if he was okay and where he was? He wanted to ask some questions... probably worried about a court case... So when they returned, he had Braden show him what had happened, and then took him and Bryan over to the front desk to fill out paperwork and call the head office to report the accident. Apparently the display fixture was not situated correctly or something...
But alas, all is well, and Braden is okay- seeing one finger- not two, Everything was clear, he could answer all our questions.. and now he's sleeping soundly, breathing and everything. ;) Whew!
Happy 10th Birthday, Sweet Gracie!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

wowsers!! What a birthday event. Sorry I didn't get a card in the mail, I am currently working on a potential crafty money maker...we will have to see and I will totally want YOUR opinion on all of it. Glad your back to blogging and I miss you something AWFUL. I should be coming that direction March 8th, want have a sleepover?? I will email. Love you bunches!!!

Tammy said...

Wowsers is right! So sorry i haven't updated mine either.
Things have gotten crazy around here! Still haven't gotten used to working full time ~ not just me, but the rest of the family too! Miss you and love you lots!