Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Giving Peace and Hope...

God was already working in me to help give her peace...
I was working on this post with the quote and scripture already typed when Bailey (my oldest) came to me to see if she and Braden could ride their bikes to school today. She has her TAKS reading test today, and I could tell she was feeling nervous inside (she had also been talking nervously about it for the past two days). They older she gets, the more in tune she is with the "importance of keeping good grades". I told her she didn't need to worry, that she's a good student, and that it's much like her Ready Writing for UIL competition (which she thoroughly enjoys). I then sat down to pray with her, and I felt the tension in her hands melt away as I spoke. Prayer is such an awesome thing... especially first thing, starting the day. What a way to start the day!

"May the love hidden deep inside your heart find the love waiting in your dreams. May the laughter that you find in your tomorrow wipe away the pain you find in your yesterdays."


Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."

Have a wonderfully blessed day!
~Shannon


2 comments:

elizabeth engelhardt cards and creations said...

So true. Kecia said Niall is stressing too. Poor kids...I HATE that test, so I know how nervous they are from experiencing it.

I can't WAIT to see you TOMORROW!!!woohoo...Getting packed and organized to come play and hang!!!

Tara said...

What a great way to teach the kids to releave stress, it always makes you feel better!
:0)
Tara