Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Colorado, Here I Come!!!

Hiya! I don't really have a great post for y'all. This week is super busy... I leave town tomorrow for COLORADO to see my SISTER! Yay! I am so looking forward to some time with her. ( I love you Tammy! See you in the morning... don't have to talk on the phone on the way to work!!!) We will be going to WOF- yes, you read it right... I'm going again! This year she didn't win tickets, but wanted me to go with her. And frankly, I am looking forward to it!

And then....NEXT WEEK is final preparations for The Paper COWGIRL RETREAT in Waxahachie, September 26-27. Valita and I are so excited! How's about you, Nancy? (can't wait to give you a big ol' HUG!) I have recently learned that Cindy of Junque Art will be attending, as well! And then there's Cindy, Tina, hmmmm.... so many!
OH! Go take a look at Valita's new look and new NAME.... very cool! And I just saw a little sneaky-peeky of Silver Bella Swappin' goin' on over there.... ;) (nice job V!)
Okay, back to WILD Vintage Cowgirls and a couple of days of nothing but thrifting, VINTAGE shopping, and crafting! Vendor night is going to be in this cute little pink house!

Well... off to pack, finish packing/mailing swaps... and hopefully a trip to Michael's to get some supplies that are on sale for Silver Bella/Paper Cowgirl. EEK! Ms Heather had to give us the countdown to how many days left (I have promptly forgotten, since it kinda freaked me out how close it REALLY is!
Have a wonderful rest-of-the-week, and fantastic weekend!

Oh, on another note.... Hurricane Ike is long gone.... but the mess he left behind is not. In fact it'll be around for a long time to come.... I just saw satellite pictures of the condos/townhomes today... not a pretty sight at all. The message board I ran across had people that owned one, or had RCI weeks for those townhomes, and everyone is really bummin' that they are such a mess. There isn't a beach left, a pool that once had water to splash and play in, is filled with debris and rubbish. Very sad indeed. Even more sad, many of the beach homes nearby, belonging to residents are gone... ;(


I'll leave you with this perfect little picture... look at ALL those smiles!

COLORADO, HERE I COME!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great time with your sister! And I so wish I was going to Paper Cowgirl Retreat but I did not know about it! Hmmm maybe I can stow away in your car!

Elizabeth said...

well, now i understand why you have been avoiding me since you asked me to die cut some things for you!! you goof! i have your stuff finished, I will put it in the mail today!! have fun and be safe.

Tara said...

Shannon

Have a wonderful time and I hope you share pics when you get back!

Nancy said...

Yes, yes, yes - I'm just super excited about the Paper Cowgirl retreat and I'm sooo anxious to see you in PERSON! I'm bringing all my wacky girlfriends and now I'm regretting not spending the night. I hope Sarah (Gypsy Mermaid) is still coming - her house flooded during Ike - my heart just goes out to her - I think they lost about everything so keep her in your prayers.

You are a total gadabout! Hope you have/had a great trip to Colorado. Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

We missed you at Soldering Class! Oh the BUBBLES were tricky! Hope to see you at the next class. I still am see sawing about Silver Bellas. I know I said I shouldn't go but... the more I here about it the more I want to go (yet, all this charm swap stuff is a little overwhelming!)